Besides her vaccines, we got her well-visit check up, and she is doing amazing! She was 22.5” long, which is a full 2” gain in 2 months! And, she was 10 pounds 13 ounces, which is a 4 pound 1 ounce gain from her 2 week appointment (she was down to 6.12 pounds), and a 3 pound 10 ounce gain from her birth weight (7.3 pounds). All of that to say, she is in the 50% for both weight and height which made me very happy – right down the middle! She is in the 25% for her head, which also made me very happy because Daniel and I both have huge heads, so I’m hoping she’ll have a normal-sized head when all is said and done! :)
Danicka didn’t have any adverse reactions to her vaccines, which made me really happy – no bruises or redness and no fever. We could tell she was not feeling very well Thursday night so we gave her a couple of doses of Infant Tylenol throughout the night, but by Friday morning she was pretty much back to normal – at day care, she played and talked all morning until I got there at lunch to feed her!
I did notice she was sort of clammy Saturday and Sunday off and on, but no fever. So, I’m wondering if she is just a warm-natured baby. It wouldn’t surprise me, but we’re keeping our eye on it just to make sure it’s nothing. She got the Rotavirus vax, which is an oral, live vax, and the doc said her stool would be ‘different’ for about 7 days, so I’m betting the clamminess may be related to that. I didn’t notice any clamminess yesterday or so far today, so maybe it’s gone!
This weekend was very busy…My 26th birthday was on Saturday – my first birthday as a mommy! It was especially great because Danicka got baptized. Daniel got me an amazing ruby ring (for Danicka’s birthstone), and a new pair of Tom’s! :) Danicka’s birthday present to me was sleeping 7 hours straight Friday and Saturday night (which is starting to happen more and more often!) and giving me lots of smiles all weekend!
Here is Danicka and me on the morning of her 2 month birthday - September 16, 2010!
And, here's Daniel and me out to eat for my birthday - September 18, 2010!
The ring Daniel got me!
And, here are a couple of pictures from Danicka's baptism...
The bonnet she has on is the same one I wore at my dedication as a baby, and it turns into a handkerchief for your wedding day - I didn't need a handkerchief on my wedding day so my mom incorporated it into my bouquet. I hope to do the same for Danicka one day.







No comments:
Post a Comment