How your baby's growing:
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.How your life's changing:
Starting to feel a bit off balance? As your belly grows, your center of gravity changes, so you may begin to occasionally feel a little unsteady on your feet. Try to avoid situations with a high risk of falling. Wear low-heeled shoes to reduce your risk of taking a tumble; trauma to your abdomen could be dangerous for you and your baby. You'll also want to be sure to buckle up when you're in a car — keep the lap portion of the seat belt under your belly, drawn snugly across your hips, and also use the shoulder harness, which should fit snugly between your breasts.You may also notice your eyes becoming drier. Using over-the-counter lubricating drops may help. If your contact lenses become uncomfortable, try wearing them for shorter stretches of time. If you still have discomfort, switch to glasses until after you give birth.
How Far Along: 17w2d
Total Weight Gained: Still down about 5 pounds, but my appetite is picking up!
Maternity Clothes: Yes...Because they are comfy and cute! Although, I can still (barely) fit in my regular clothes for the most part.
Sleep: Bathroom break about once a night, but besides that pretty good (I hope it stays that way!)
Best Moment of the Week: The week just started, but we set the date for our ultrasound to find out what 'it' is - Mark your calendars for February 24 :)
Movement: I'm still 99% sure I've felt it about 3 times over the last couple of weeks, but I'm not feeling anything regularly yet...
Food Craving: Mainly fruit still and sour candy.
Food aversions: Still most meat - It really depends on the moment! Something I ate yesterday could be nauseating today, and vice versa.
Morning sickness: Never had any (lucky me!)
Gender: 16 days until we find out!
Belly Button: In. My belly button is pretty shallow to begin with, though, so I have a feeling it's going to pop out early :(
What I miss: I'm starting to have balance issues already so this should be interesting over the next 5 months... :)
What I look forward to: Finding out the gender, feeling the baby move, and Daniel being able to feel the baby move...
Milestones: My belly has 'popped'...For the baby - it can hear now!!! :)


Post a belly shot pleeeasse!! And I find it funny you think maternity clothes are cute. Where are you finding these b/c I've had HELL finding cute maternity clothes. I wore reg. ones as long as I absolutely could!
ReplyDelete