So, as you all know - Teo and Picasso (our two dogs) are the epitome of spoiled-rotten fur babies! Well, lately they have both been acting a little different around me. For example, the intently sniff me every time I come home; whereas, in the past, they would only intently sniff me if I had been around other dogs/animals while I was out of the house (like I was cheating on them!)
Also, Picasso (the Bichon) has always slept between my legs on the bed at night, but lately he jumps on the bed and crawls right up on top of my belly. I've tried to explain to him that he's not going to be able to do that much longer since my time on my back is limited, and my belly is quickly growing. He just looks at me with the most sad, pathetic eyes when I try to explain this to him!
I think it's safe to say they are just being more needy than usual, and even more protective with me. It was the intense sniffing that tipped me off - I bet they can smell the changes in my hormones, etc. Well, I did some light research and found an article on BabyCenter.com that basically says there's no scientific proof (yet), but the author (a pet trainer of 10+ years) says pets absolutely sense pregnancy! They can sense everything from the changes in my daily routine, differences in my posture and how I carry myself, etc. I think that is super cool!
It may be wishful thinking, but I am hoping this will ease the adjustment once Mini-Me (or Mini-Daniel) makes its grand entrance into this world...and our home for that matter! :)
So, since I'm talking about fur babies, I will leave you with a family portrait. It's a few months old (from July 4, 2009), but it's the best, most recent pic I have of the four of us together! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment