Monday, February 8, 2010

Suggested vs. Required Immunizations

Okay, I have done a lot of research regarding immunizations for Mini-Mi (or Mini-Daniel).  I found a great website that has the 'suggested' immunization schedule for children (and adults) issued by the Department of Health and Human Services.  It has a handy chart on it for your reference!

Well, I personally am not fond of the idea of giving my child 6 immunizations in one month, so I started researching alternative immunization schedules.  Unfortunately, I will have to work once Baby is 6-8 weeks old, so I have to keep the Day Care requirements in mind.  I found another great website issued by the State of Texas with the minimum vaccine requirements for the State of Texas for day-care facilities.  This one doesn't come with a spiffy chart, though.

So, what I've done is made a chart for the minimum Texas vaccine requirements, and combined it with the chart for the suggest schedule, and voila - you parents who are wanting an alternative schedule can refer to the below web page I just posted for a nice, organized way of looking at things and evaluating them:
Suggested Immunization Schedule (Per the DHHS) vs. Minimum Vaccine Requirements (Per the State of Texas)

Side note:  Of course, if you prefer an alternate vaccination schedule, you need to make sure your pediatrician is on the same page with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment