Friday, January 8, 2010

Beautiful Blogger!




Well, this is super cute!  One of my oldest friends (even though we only keep in touch through FB and blogs these days!) :) over at Love at First Sight just sent me a "Beautiful Blogger" award! Thanks, Rosemary (Yes, I'm one of the people who still call you that!) :)




Here are the rules for this award.

1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award
2. Copy the award and place it on my blog
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers


I just hosted an orientation for our new students today, and we did all kinds of Icebreaker sessions, so it shouldn't be too difficult to come with 7 interesting things  about myself since I've already had to do it today! :)


1. I am American Indian (Cherokee).


2. I don't often share the story of how my husband and I met (even though it's pretty cute), so here it is...in short:  We actually met in a BAR!  However, we were working - he was the Bar Manager of a popular bar on 6th Street in Austin, and I was the Marketing Manager for a company who promoted products within the bar.  They never say bar relationships work out, and I believed it from personal experience, but this one was quite the contrary! :)


3. I work in Admissions for the MBA program at a university.  I never thought I would work in the academic world or in admissions, but it fits me perfectly!


4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to travel and see the world, but I get nervous before every trip - no matter how short or long it's going to be!


5. I have a PR degree with a minor in business and a concentration in French...If only I would have known I was going to marry a native Spanish-speaker! :)


6. Pretty much everyone who knows me calls me 'Jo' except for professional contacts.


7. I'm an animal activist, but I'm not a vegetarian.  Let me explain:  I am an animal activist for animals in the wild who are getting hunted into extinction and/or forced out of their natural habitats, etc.  I still believe in eating meat for nutrition; however, I am an activist for appropriate living environments for meat.  So, for example, we buy organic milk, cage free eggs, open range meat, etc.



Ok, here's the people I nominate:

Amanda @

Amanda Skelte Photography  
Shawna @ 
The Cheeky Chic Family


No comments:

Post a Comment