Ok, I wasn't planning on watching the MJ memorial, mainly because I was getting pretty tired of all the media coverage and getting pretty burnt out! But I stumbled upon it, and ended up watching most of it. I have to say, I was a fan, but not a huge fan, and this memorial was literally fit for a King (as they were saying), and it was a tear jerker!
I think the whole thing was pretty good, sprinkled with just a few awkward moments/remarks made by some people. All of the musical acts were pretty dang good, though. I think it was awesome that they kept a slide show of Jackson 5/MJ pics rolling through all of the acts...
I keep hearing everyone say Jennifer Hudson had the best performance, and although I think hers was great - I have to disagree. I think Stevie Wonder is one of the best musicians in the world, and the songs he sang ('I Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer' and 'My Destiny') were so fitting - plus he personalized it to MJ. Plus, you could tell it was such an emotional performance for him to do. So, Stevie gets my vote for best performance at the memorial:
Also, I am baffled that Shaheen Jafargholi did not ge further in "Britain's Got Talen" because he is amazing. His randition of 'Who's Loving You' was remarkable!!! Shaheen is 12 and Michael was 10 the first time he sang that song, so you couldn't help but think about young Michael busting out those vocal chops on that song so many years ago! So, Shaheen gets my vote for #2 best performance yesterday, and you should all keep your eyes out for him in the near future - he's about to take off:
And, I have a tie for third...I think Jermaine singing MJ's favorite song 'Smile' after a teary-eyed Brooke Shield introduces it was good, and I know it was really hard for him to get up there and do. However, I also thought John Mayer's primarily instrumental version of 'Human Nature' was very touching (and that surprises me because I'm not typically a huge fan of Johnny Boy) I could have done without the awkward head-bobbing and closed eyes, though...Anyways, watch both and judge for yourselves:
And, of course for the most-touching/tear-jerking non-musical moment was MJ's daughter, 11-year-old Paris Katherine Jackson, and her impromptu eulogy to her father...you can't help but realize everyone in the world lost their King of Pop, but most of us have never even met him; however, these three kids lost their Father!
Although this was not a fashion show by any means, the whole Jackson family looked very chic; however, I just have to say LaToya's hat was a bit out of control, although I do understand her wanting to hide her face because she is emotionally-distraught.
Okay, that's enough on the memorial - it was great...it was sad...that's the moral of the story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment