Tuesday, June 9, 2009

An Ode to Neil Patrick Harris

I heart Neil Patrick Harris. I know he's gay and has had the same partner for over five years - I'm okay with that...I don't heart him in that way. I heart him in a totally platonic, I think he's amazingly hilarious type of way. I was a faithful viewer of Doogie Howser, M.D. all those years ago (although, now I think back on how absolutely ridiculous and unrealistic that show really was). I wasn't aware at that time, and at my young age, of the capabilities he had in the humor area. That realization didn't come until many, many years later - when I discovered Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM, in 'text talk' if you will...). I enjoy his shenangiangs continuously thanks to HIMYM.

And then, he goes off and does such a spectacular hosting job at the Tony's the other night...that was just the icing on his awesome cake. Yes, it was a flaming job so he fit into the gigue well, but seriously, awesome job - it was (in his words as Barney Stinson) Legen - Dary! (It was so good, it made me forget about how he almost hosted the TV Land awards, but then quickly yanked himself from that line-up once he caught on fire during rehearsals...)

I will continue to post legendary things he does on HIMYM and other hosting gigues he picks up (because I know he will after the excellency at the Tony's...) But, for now, as an ode to his hilarity, I will post one number (the closing number...the best number) from the Tony's, and one classic excerpt from HIMYM ('Unclick')

Enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment