Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Hubby Hearts Polar Bears

You know all of those pointless Myspace surveys that everyone does constantly? I'm not going to lie and say I've never done them, but I have recently had an epiphany and decided I don't need to complete anymore surveys like 'Do You Know Your Man?' or 'How have you changed?' I know how I've changed in the past 1, 5 and 10 years. And, I know my husband quite possibly better than any human being except perhaps his mother and grandmother. So, I am on strike from comleting any more surveys...

With that being said, I still enjoy reading all of your surveys so keep 'em coming! In fact, that leads me to my next point. I was minding my own business yesterday and out of pure boredom, I clicked into a survey that was something along the lines of how well the survey-taker knew her man...One of the questions asked what her man's favorite animal is, and that's when it hit me - I don't know what my husband's favorite animal is...

After a moment of freaking out and unrealistic ponderings that I wasn't a good wife, I realized I don't know what his favorite animal is because he loves all animals, so I've never thought to ask him if he, in fact, has a favorite. I quickly picked me self back up and put myself back together and told myself 'You are a good wife.' :)

...Then I went home last night and asked him what his favorite animal is...

I have to admit he took me by surprise - it's a polar bear!
I would have thought he was going to say either dog because we're both such crazy dog people...

Or a monkey because we both fell in love with Mark's monkey on Mark and Olly and the Machigenga on the Travel channel...
Or a raccoon because he talks about how cute raccoons are all the time...
...But I think they're evil!
Or a skunk because you can apparently de-scent them and they are supposedly amazing pets. Daniel has researched it throroughly and we looked into getting one, but it's still illegal in Texas.
Don't get me wrong, I think polar bears are amazing creatures - we plan to go hang out with polar bears in Antarctica one day.

I will end on a very interesting random fact about polar bears (Thank you to Kimberly for providing me with this fact): Polar bear's coats are so insulating that they don't show up on infrared heat sensors.
In Kimberly's words - God is so cool.

1 comment: