At the beginning of May, I will be going to one of my longest friends, Ashley, bachelorette party in Austin. That will be a lot of fun, considering I used to work on 6th street in Austin and have seen many bachelorette parties stumble through the doors. It will be nice to be on the other side. However, being a happily married woman, I plan to take my hubby with me. He can go play with our Austin friends while I do girly stuff, and we can rendezvous at the hotel that evening - it will be good times!
The next weekend in May, I am due in a downtown Houston court to fight a ridiculous ticket I got like three months ago. That will be very not-fun...however, I believe Daniel and I are going to squeeze in a visit to BFF, Mercy, in Galveston, so I am very excited about that!
At the end of May, that same friend, Ashley's, wedding will be at gorgeous Nature's Point in Austin. I am looking forward to this for many reasons, including, but not limited to:
1) Although I lived in Austin, I have never been to Nature's Point and I have heard spectacular things!
2) I had to miss her wedding shower due to illness, so I am excited to see our friends again.
3) Any excuse to go to Austin gets two thumbs up from us!

Then, I'm off to Baltimore, Maryland, for an annual conference for work for five days in the middle of June. It will be saddening, once again, to be separated from the hubby, but it will be good to see colleagues from around the world that I haven't seen in a year. I have heard there isn't much to do in Baltimore, but I'm slightly obsessed with Ace of Cakes on the Food Network, which is about Charm City Cakes. So, I will be dropping by to see the location of one of my fave shows (2936 Remington!) I am excited that I get to hang out with one of my BFF's, Meredith, in D.C. for a day and a half before coming home!
We haven't booked this yet, but we are really hoping to go see Daniel's sister, Betty, who lives in Miami Beach, for a weekend in July. I'll let you know how that pans out!I'm off to Monterrey, Mexico, for two or three days at the end of August for the third year in a row for work. It was a lot of fun last year because Daniel got to go with me (on work's dime) and his family joined us there for a long weekend after the event was over. However, I have to go by myself again this year, but it's only for a few days. Monterrey is known for its cabrito (translation = baby goat). Below is a pic from El Rey del Cabrito (translation = The King of Baby Goat), which was a great place just down the street from our hotel in Downtown Monterrey.
We are finally taking our honeymoon this year...only two years after we got married :) We have booked it for September, and we are going on a seven night cruise in Alaska...we will also be on the cruise for my birthday, so that's a double bonus! I can't wait to do the zip lining tour through the rain forest in Ketchikan!
We don't have it booked yet, but we will soon...we will definitely be going to see Daniel's family in Mexico in November again this year. It's looking like it's going to be a whole year between our visits to Mexico, which is very rare for us, so we are really looking forward to it!
Finally, we will plan to go to Colorado for awhile in December, which we always look for...you better believe we'll be buying our ski/board passes as soon as their available online! :) Below is a pic of one of the ski downs that they do - it's so awesome...cold, but awesome!


No comments:
Post a Comment