How your baby's growing:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs over 7 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
How your life's changing:
For many women, the next couple of weeks are a waiting game. Use this time to prepare your baby's nursery or to take care of necessary tasks you may not get around to for a while after your baby's born. Take naps, catch up on your reading, and spend uninterrupted time with your partner while you can.
Some swelling in your feet and ankles is normal during these last weeks, but call your practitioner without delay if you notice excessive or sudden swelling of your feet or ankles, more than slight swelling of your hands, any swelling in your face or puffiness around your eyes, or have a sudden weight gain. Also let him know immediately if have severe or persistent headaches; visual changes (such as double or blurred vision, seeing spots or flashing lights, light sensitivity, or a temporary loss of vision), intense upper abdominal pain or tenderness, or nausea and vomiting. These are symptoms of a serious condition called preeclampsia.
Some swelling in your feet and ankles is normal during these last weeks, but call your practitioner without delay if you notice excessive or sudden swelling of your feet or ankles, more than slight swelling of your hands, any swelling in your face or puffiness around your eyes, or have a sudden weight gain. Also let him know immediately if have severe or persistent headaches; visual changes (such as double or blurred vision, seeing spots or flashing lights, light sensitivity, or a temporary loss of vision), intense upper abdominal pain or tenderness, or nausea and vomiting. These are symptoms of a serious condition called preeclampsia.
How Far Along: 38w4d
Total Weight Gained: +33 pounds total. I'm really hoping to keep it under 35 total, but we'll see!
Maternity Clothes: Yes...And I'm growing out of those!!!
Sleep: Good, just having to use the restroom 2-5 times per night...
Best Moment of the Week: I'm just soaking up the last little bit of time Daniel and I have together before Baby D arrives.
Best Moment of the Week: I'm just soaking up the last little bit of time Daniel and I have together before Baby D arrives.
Movement: Yep!
Food Craving: Anything and everything...I just run out of room in my stomach fast so I'm having to eat less at a time but more often...
Food aversions: It really depends on the moment! For the most part, my appetite is full blown, so there aren't too many aversions!
Morning sickness: Never had any (lucky me!)
Gender: Girl! Danicka...
Belly Button: It's pretty much a little outie for the most part, most of the time!
What I miss: Being able to move quickly...And, not being so clumsy! :) I have actually been missing working out - Turbo Kick and Zumba! Can't wait to get back to doing those :)
What I look forward to: Her being here! :) I'm looking forward to my next doc appointment - I'm really hoping he has good news as far as progress goes...
Milestones: She is full term, and should (hopefully) be perfectly healthy when she decides to make her grand entrance! My doc appointment Monday didn't go so well as far as progress goes - I still haven't made any...We were really hoping to avoid induction, but at this point it looks like that's what's going to happen. We were hoping to induce, if needed, on July 16 (due date being July 17), but since I have made 0 progress, we may even need to push that back one more week to July 23... :( I hope she doesn't get too big!!! I have had a few contractions but nothing too bad, and unfortunately I don't feel like they are helping me progress any. I have been walking daily! She has started this new thing where she stretches out her feet/toes and digs them into my lungs/ribs - not so much fun, but I feel bad for her because I know she's out of room...




ALMOST HERE!!! I was induced and what people say about it is true:it sucks! It takes forever and ever and the pain isn't worth it. I hope she arrives early without induction! Good luck!
ReplyDelete