Thursday, June 3, 2010

33 Weeks!

How your baby's growing:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

How your life's changing:

As your baby fills out even more of your belly, lots of things might start to change: Whereas before you were sashaying, you may find yourself waddling. Finding an easy position to sit in — let alone sleep — is becoming more of a challenge. And bumping into chairs and counters is par for the course.

You may be feeling some achiness and even numbness in your wrists and hands.  Like many other tissues in your body, those in your wrist can retain fluid, which can increase pressure in the carpal tunnel, a bony canal in your wrist. Try wearing a splint to stabilize your wrist or propping your arm up with a pillow when you sleep. If your work requires repetitive hand movements (at a keyboard or on an assembly line, for instance), remember to stretch your hands when you take breaks — which should be frequently.
How Far Along: 33w5d 

Total Weight Gained: +27 pounds total.  I'm really hoping to keep it under 35 total, but we'll see!

Maternity Clothes: Yes...And I'm growing out of those!!!

Sleep: Good, just having to use the restroom more during the night, but I go right back to sleep!  I hope it stays that way!

Best Moment of the Week: We went on our Babymoon to San Antonio last weekend, and it was great!  Also, Daniel got a new job that we are very excited for him to begin in a couple of weeks!  We also took our hospital tour and had our first birthing class!

Movement: Yep!

Food Craving: Everything...But especially milk and sweets...

Food aversions: Fish.  Besides that, it really depends on the moment!  For the most part, my appetite is full blown, so there aren't too many aversions!

Morning sickness: Never had any (lucky me!)

Gender: Girl!  Danicka...

Belly Button: The top half is officially an 'outie' and the bottom half is still kind hanging in there as flat as can be...It looks as weird as it sounds!

What I miss: Being able to move quickly...And, not being so clumsy! :)

What I look forward to: Getting Danicka's room finished, my baby shower in 3 days, Daniel starting his new job, and we have 2 more child birth classes!

Milestones: Pretty much everything is ready-to-go on Danicka's end except her lungs.  We went to the doctor this week and she is still head down, ready to go - I hope she stays that way for the next 6 weeks! :)  The doc thinks she will since she is running out of room quickly!  She is packing on baby fat and her fingernails are getting longer.  She probably weighs about 4.5 pounds this week, and is probably about 17 inches long.  I'm convinced she pretty much sleeps all night because she has yet to keep me from going to sleep or wake me up...I'm really hoping she's an amazing sleeper from Day 1 like she seems to be in the womb! :)  Danicka still sticks her butt out ALL the time on the right and left side of my belly button - like she's dancing or something!  It's really funny to look at from the outside :)  I'm still doing good, but just growing a lot and I seem to be really clumsy!  I do get tired a little easier than "normal" and have a few aches and pains with some heartburn.  But, overall, I'd say it's still going along remarkably smoothly!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are quite the trooper Joanna! Getting closer!

    ReplyDelete