Friday, May 21, 2010

31 Weeks!

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

How your life's changing:

Have you noticed the muscles in your uterus tightening now and then? Many women feel these random contractions — called Braxton Hicks contractions — in the second half of pregnancy. Often lasting about 30 seconds, they're irregular, and at this point, they should be infrequent and painless. Frequent contractions, on the other hand — even those that don't hurt — may be a sign of preterm labor.

We had a good doctor's appointment this week - She is still measuring 1 week ahead, which is no biggie, and I'm still pretty much on track as far as weight gain.  My blood pressure is still low, which is still annoying to me because of the dizzy spells and light-headed feeling I get at times.  But, the doctor still swears it's a great sign of a healthy pregnancy, and he's glad it's low instead of high.  He felt for her position, and she is head down in my pelvis, which is where I thought she was.  It is uncomfortable at times, but it's manageable - I just hope she stays that way for the next 8 weeks! :)  I have 'graduated' again, and now I get to go every 2 weeks...It's really coming down to the wire now!
 
How Far Along: 31w6d


Total Weight Gained: About + 24 pounds total.

Maternity Clothes: Yes...And I'm growing out of those!!!

Sleep: Good, just having to use the restroom more during the night, but I go right back to sleep!  I hope it stays that way!

Best Moment of the Week: Daniel graduated last weekend!  And, his birthday is today!


Movement: Yep!


Food Craving: Everything...But especially milk and sweets...


Food aversions: Fish.  Besides that, it really depends on the moment!  For the most part, my appetite is full blown, so there aren't too many aversions!


Morning sickness: Never had any (lucky me!)


Gender: Girl!  Danicka...

Belly Button: The top half is officially an 'outie' and the bottom half is still kind hanging in there as flat as can be...It looks as weird as it sounds!


What I miss: Being able to move quickly...

What I look forward to: Getting Danicka's room finished, my June baby shower, our child birth classes and taking a tour of the maternity ward!

Milestones: Pretty much everything is ready-to-go on Danicka's end except her lungs.  We went to the doctor this week and she is head down, ready to go - I hope she stays that way for the next 8 weeks! :)  She is packing on baby fat and her fingernails are getting longer.  Her eyes can also dilate in response to light now.  She probably weighs about 4 pounds this week.  I'm convinced she pretty much sleeps all night because she has yet to keep me from going to sleep or wake me up...I'm really hoping she's an amazing sleeper from Day 1 like she seems to be in the womb! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment