Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We're Having A...

...Girl!!!

I think the majority of people really thought it was a boy, but she gave us a clear look, and she's a girl!  We are very excited, but we are most excited that she is looking very healthy and developing right on target!

The ultrasound was almost 45 minutes, and we loved every minute of it.  The ultrasound tech was very good, and she explained everything she was measuring and looking at.  She also printed out 11 pictures for us to take home, along with our DVD.  I have posted the pictures below for your viewing pleasure!

We have had the names of our children picked out for years now, so really we were just waiting to see if it was a boy or girl.  We just can't decide how to spell her name - It will either be Danica or Danicka.  We will call her Nica/Nicka ("Knee-Ca") for short.

Danic(k)a is very active (just like her Mama was) in the womb.  She was literally doing somersaults the entire time, so she kept the ultrasound tech on her toes.  I am really starting to feel her a lot, but not as much as she is truly moving in there.  She was very good at cooperating at first, but then I don't know if she got tired or what because she started hiding her face in my uterus and putting her hand over her eyes.  She even turned completely away from us at one point, which was super cute - although not exactly what we were wanting at the time.  It did give us a great spine shot, though!

My favorite part of the ultrasound was right at the beginning, before we even knew she was a girl, she stretched both of her arms really big over her head and gave us a huge yawn!  It was so cute, and just made it so real!  I think she is going to have my mouth because her mouth looked huge in that yawn...Which means she will probably have my vocal cords!  Daddy better get ready :)

It is so shocking to me how much they are able to measure and determine by probing a little wand around the outside of my belly, but it was a huge relief that they measured and looked at every inch of her body, and everything looked perfect!  We even got greats shots of her feet and hands - I think she is going to have long fingers and toes!  But, it looks like she's got 10 fingers and 10 toes :)

I think I could probably watch the ultrasound DVD 10 times a day and not get tired of it...But, I won't put you through that.  I'll just give you her super cute pictures to look at instead - Enjoy!






































2 comments:

  1. Congrats sweetie, she is already beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pics girl. I love Waco Center FWH! Glad she looks healthy. I thought it was a girl after seeing those cute little girl clothes you got from MX.

    ReplyDelete