Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Poor Me Post...

Well, we were supposed to go get our 3D anatomy ultrasound and find out what the baby is first thing tomorrow morning!  I've known pretty much since we got pregnant that we would be able to find out around Valentine's Day.  The original date that we were supposed to find out was Wednesday, February 17, but the doctor delayed it a week.  I actually wasn't too upset about it because I wanted the ultrasound tech to be able to get a good anatomy scan and hopefully a good crotch shot, and the bigger the baby, the better the chances.  So, I was okay with it.

So, we re-scheduled for Wednesday, February 24...We scheduled that appointment one month ago, so I have literally been counting down to tomorrow since then...

Well, the Waco Blizzard of 2010 has decided to stroll into town today, which is causing everywhere (everywhere EXCEPT where I work!!!) to close early today and open late tomorrow.  The doctor's office just called and said they don't plan to open until 10 tomorrow, so they need to re-schedule.  I asked if there was anyway they could get me in today.  She asked if I could come in at 2, and I said I'll be there!

So, momentarily, I was ecstatic because my long-awaited appointment got moved up - things were actually going in my favor!  Then, she called back about 3 minutes later to tell me the ultrasound tech just told her she was leaving to pick up her kids from school because it was closing.

Their next available appointment is MONDAY, MARCH 1!!!  Almost an entire week from now...

I just burst into tears...I suppose it's the hormones, but I don't think I'm a crazy pregnant lady for being genuinely upset about not getting to do something I've been looking forward to for months...And, not having any control over the situation makes it that much worse!

I know I really shouldn't be complaining because there could be much worse things going on in my life that would really put this inconvenience into perspective, but I am complaining because I am upset...I just want to yell 'It's Not Fair!!!' 

I think God absolutely knows and realizes how impatient I am, and he knows that I have realized that pregnancy is the ultimate test of patience.  I feel like I have handled this ultimate test pretty well so far.  But, this is just a cruel tease...

And, to top everything off - the university I work at is the only major employer in the entire city who hasn't announced that they're going to close early and/or open late tomorrow...So, I'm having to sit here in my office and get no work done (because nobody else is working in the city!) while I cry and pity myself...

What a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment