You know that saying 'Ignorance is bliss.' I've only ever paritally understood it in context, but if you watch the below video from CNN.com - I think you'd have to agree with me that ignorance is no longer bliss...at least in this case.
Now, this blog always only reflects my opinion on many issues, and nobody is forced to read it, so you can quit reading now, if you want because what I have to say is not nice...
This pastor is a nut job! It doesn't matter if you're Republican, Democratic, Libertarian, Socialist or any other political sect...It also doesn't matter if you're conservative, liberal, moderate, pro-Obama, anti-Obama - none of that matters...the bottom line is this guy is a nut job!
The crazy statements that he is making are not only non-Christian, they are lies in most cases - and if not lies, they are extreme stretches of semi-truths taken out of context. He is (hopefully) making these outlandish statements out of ignorance, and that is why I say - ignorance is no longer bliss.
I am very glad that the Secret Service is investigating him - I hope they put him on a one way flight to Gitmo (until it closes) and then send him to a deserted island so he can talk himself insane with his incessant non-truths. Ok, maybe those ideas of mine are a bit extreme...but they definitely do need to investigate him, and he definitely does not need to be the pastor of a church - no matter what size it is! Seriously, Pastor Anderson, can you really call yourself a Christian when you say things like:
* "I'd like to see [Obama] die, like Ted Kennedy, of brain cancer."
...And...
* "I'm gonna pray [Obama] dies and goes to hell."
Now, I know not all Christians agree on a lot of things, but I think we all agree that you should treat people as you would want to be treated, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't include PRAYING that the president of your country dies and goes to hell. That is ridiculous! And, for the sake of the length of this blog, I'm not even going to get started on his comment (above) about Senator Kennedy...besides to say that it is blatant and disgusting.
I think Sanchez said it right in the video (above) when he said Christians should not catch any more slack than any other religion when it comes to threatening national security. And, who is this guy in the video carrying around a machine gun??? (That is a machine gun, right? It reminds me of the ones you see the Policia Federales carrying around in Mexico.) Since when did church and gun show become interchangeable terms?
You may not like Obama, but he is still our president until at least 2012 so suck it up and deal with it - use your energy positively to campaign against him in 2012, but don't walk around screaming non-truths/falsehoods and causing riots (don't even get me started on these 'town hall meetings')...
My co-worker said it best...The problem is that too many people are too impressionable these days. Did you know that by reading one Wall Street Journal, you are taking in more information than a person learned in an entire lifetime in the 1800's? That is amazing to me, and it makes me feel very lucky that I live in such an advanced time. However, along with all of us who enjoy reading and learning, there are the people who listen to bits and pieces of information here and there and are not able discern the truth from the non-truths and form an opinion for themselves.
For all of you Texans (and really probably any U.S. resident that was around in the early '90s) - all I have to say is: David Koresh. I have faith that the government will interfere before Pastor Anderson (a.k.a. David Koresh 2.0) takes his craziness to the level that the original David Koresh did...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment