Friday, June 5, 2009

I Heart Mangos

...Or is it mangoes?!

The answer - either of the possible plural forms may be used...so I'll go with Mangos.

Anyways, I heart mangos.

I was at the grocery store yesterday, and two great things happened:

1) As some of you may have read in my status updates on Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter...I was in the spice aisle and there was a girl standing there asking where the fresh cilantro was and what it's container looks like! I couldn't do anything but laugh...it definitely made my day.

2) Then, I was meandering through the fresh vegetables and fruits, thinking to myself how I probably won't have to buy any fresh vegetables for the entire summer because of Hubby's amazing vegetable garden. Then, I saw them - fresh mangos, new arrivals from Mexico. That's when you know it's summer, when fresh, bright mangos hit the shelves from Mexico. That's one great thing about Texas - we're so close to Mexico we get all the perks of their produce before the rest of the country does :)

Moral of the story - I heart mangos!
Now, they can be a little messy to eat, but I don't care - I don't even care that little mango particles get stuck in my permanent retainer :) However, I have found that the method (shown below) is definitely the easiest, least messiest way of eating them. So, all of you need to go out and buy mangos, eat them, and report back to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment