Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Twilight vs. Harry Potter

I have decided today will be a Twilight/Harry Potter-themed day because, yes, I am one of those crazy adult females who is obsessed with the whole Twilight phenomenon, and I have an inner-child who adores the Harry Potter craziness!

However, I do not believe in this Twilight vs. Harry Potter thing that people are doing...they are both equally awesome (in my humble opinion) for uniquely different things. Just because they are both Sci-Fi and targeted towards younger demographics - it does not mean they should be put up against each other...why can't we all love them both equally?! :)

Okay - both sets of books were some of the best reads I've ever had, and I own all of the Harry Potter movies that have been released so far! The first Twilight movie was okay (I think I had a little too high of expectations of it). However, the soundtrack for Twilight is AWESOME!!!


If you have not listened to it, do it!

Also, they are streamlining the second movie, New Moon, to get it out exactly one year after Twilight - November 21, 2009. They are scheduled to release the official trailer in May, but some crazier-than-me fans (who I may add are quite talented) have gotten antsy and created their own trailers. I have to say, they are quite good - it definitely got me excited about New Moon...possibly more excited than I was about Twilight.



Finally, I found this fantastic blog called 'Big World, Little Pocket.' It is someone with entirely too much time on their hands, and I love it. They have made a pocket-sized Edward from Twilight and they take him all over. One of my personal faves is captioned:
"Where the party at? Disco ain’t dead, but I AM ROTFLMAO!"


Then, to make things even better - the LONG-awaited sixth Harry Potter movie (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) is FINALLY being released this summer - July 17, 2009 to be exact!



Go Harry and Ginny! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment